CC file sample for YouTube

I’m uploading the file I used for the captions on YouTube in case anyone needs a sample to work from. I downloaded the original file from this website which is where you get re-directed from this youtube video. I then entered my own text using TextEdit. Here’s the file on MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?oaxk35m7zz2r7xr

The errors I would get would be from having an extra space bar (something impossible for me to track). The video would be going along fine and then suddenly I would get an error that looked like the entire script was trying to jump on the screen at once. To fix this I would have to go back into the text file to the time code where the error started occurring and then press delete and Return until I was sure I got any extra space bars out. There was also one instance where I typed the wrong number and so the captions started two minutes early on top of the other captions.

Here’s a sample of what the code looks like:

One comment on “CC file sample for YouTube

  1. […] 2 years ago I made an srt file for a video the library had on YouTube. I made them using TextEdit on a Mac and then saving as an srt file. […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s